Friday, August 26, 2005

The Scariest Thing I Saw This Week...

Was an old woman in the grocery store parking lot. She was parked at a handicapped space in the front of the lot, and it took her a good ten minutes to make the transition from putting an empty box in her trunk to getting into....get this...her DRIVER'S seat. This woman couldn't stand up straight, for heaven's sake, she couldn't walk without being propped up by either the shopping cart, her walker, or her car. She has NO business behind the wheel.

It frightens me that, no matter how consciencious or careful I am, there are still people like that sharing the road with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

Maybe it's because I don't drive as much or maybe it's because I'm single but whenever I see the oldsters doing that sort of stuff I think, "Oh crap, am I going to end up like that? How am I going to deal? I won't see anyone's face, they'll club me to death for my petty and inadequate social security check." And then I go home and shudder for a while.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home