Tuesday, December 05, 2006

100 Things, Part the First..

Kizz and I were IMing yesterday about the "100 things about me" posts that people have attached to their blogs. Intrigued by the idea, I started a list a while back and am slightly embarrassed to say that I've not made it past item #60. It's possible that I'm not interesting enough to list 100 things about myself.

Anyway she posted a starter list of her own here, and she's inspired me to start putting mine up. I'll do it in ten-item increments once a week. Hopefully, that will apply just enough gentle pressure to get me to think of the last 40 things I need to hit 100....

Here they are, in no particular order (except #1 and #2, which are exactly where they're supposed to be....)

1. I love my husband.

2. My life finally felt right when I had my daughters. I came to this lifetime to be their mother.

3. I very nearly failed algebra in high school.

4. I must start every morning with a glass of Ovaltine.

5. I once thought I might like to grow up to be an archeologist.

6. I am mildly afraid of flying.

7. I fold my family’s underwear (my sister thinks this is hysterical).

8. I have at least four best friends. That fact doesn’t diminish the fierce love I have for each of them in any possible way.

9. I am a sympathetic puker (I literally passed out the last time my youngest threw up in my presence)

10. I think Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food may well be pint-sized bits of heaven.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

I think it's possible (and I suspected this yesterday but didn't work it into the conversation) that you're putting too much weight on what 1 item needs to be. I mean, my first one was "I"m 37" EVERYONE has 100 things like that to say about themselves. The other important things will come along with those, let's call them Foundation Items.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your priorities are in perfect order. What number is: I agree with the New York Times that A Prairie Home Companion is bland, predictible, elitist whimsy?

Gotta be in the top 50~,:^)

12:08 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Well, Rick, never having listened to A Prairie Home Companion, and never having seen the movie or spent any time engaging in any kind of discourse with or about the show (I can't even call the guys name to mind....oh, wait! There it is! Garrison Keilor or something like that. He bugs the crap out of me) I am not qualified to say exactly WHAT PHC is. It is simply not in my consciousness - though I suspect that's precisely because it's bland, predictable, elitist whimsy.

1:41 PM  
Blogger organic mama said...

I love this idea! Keep going - let's see how you round out the bottom! Hmm.. I am going to be "inspired" by this idea myself...

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to listen to PHC every Saturday evening,for years. I found that it was funny in a folksy,down-home way. I didn't find it remotely elitist(unless listening to PBS is elitist). It was very creative and Garrison Keiller could tell stories that would make you smile and bring tears almost at the same time,certainly not bland.Predictible? Well, only in that the format was consistant. Whimsey,I'll go with "whimsy".It certainly wasn't everyones cup of tea and if you're not into something that felt like "the good old days" without the hype,or an artful turn of a tale,I can understand the criticism.I'm actually quite surprised that,without even having actually listened to the show or having read the book that judgement is being bantered about.
I also enjoyed the book.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Teacher Anonymous said...

Do people not fold their underwear? I don't understand. Wouldn't they get wrinkled and take up more space than neccesary? How do they find their favorite pair?

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home