Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Night Before...

I hate the night before we leave for vacation.

I thought it would get easier as the girls get older. They could help, I reasoned, with tidying up the house and getting their things ready for packing. It turns out, though, that I was counting on a lot more help than I actually got.

I'm trying not to stress out, though I'm not sure how well I'm doing. My husband keeps reminding me that it doesn't really matter if I forget something; it's not as though we're traveling to the Amazon or anything and his mantra is "they have Wal-Marts there, you know."

Anyway, we're mostly packed, have managed to gather all the important cords and connectors, have extra batteries for the camera and will be heading out tomorrow evening.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this vacation. A whole week of time with my family without the pressures of an unfinished house, or homework, or housework. Just the four of us, lots of sunscreen, lots of swimming, sleeping in late and all the junk cereal we can handle.

Stay tuned - the computer is coming with us and updates will follow sometime in the week!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

You have lists, right, of the stuff that needs to go with one when one goes on vaca? And you keep those lists on the computer, right? In a nice word processing file?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

As IF. No, I don't have lists, though I sometimes make them up before I go on vacation, just to be sure that I don't forget anything important (contact stuff, medication, that sort of thing). This time? I'm throwing caution to the wind and WINGING IT! Because....

...they have Wal-Marts down there!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Kizz said...

Dooode, lists reduce stress, go with them! Keep the basics on computer, print and add specifics for particular trips!

9:27 AM  
Blogger vanx said...

Your husband put his finger on my biggest problem with Florida.

I and mine are moving in down there next week. Our Disnification awaits.

Hope you are having a wonderful time with the family in a state of sunshine!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home