Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Flower Blogging!

LOOK at what I have in my yard!!!

WeedWoman gave these to me when she dug them out of the yard in her old house (something that she continues to do, by the way - I guess part of the sales agreement was that the new owner lets her come in and re-appropriate all the plants from her old garden). Irises are my MOST favorite flower of all, and I'm stupidly excited that I have one in my yard.

This bumper crop of garlic chives is also courtesy of WeedWoman. I haven't used many of them this year, though last summer they added kick and personality to my salads. I think the flowers are lovely and they, along with the rhubarb that my grandmother gave me last spring, are the only things to make an encore appearance in the garden that my husband and the girls planted last summer.

Finally, this is a picture of Small One, who isn't a flower but followed me around as I photographed the blooms in the yard. He is the designated "lawn lion." He never goes far and is always coming out of the veld to find out what's on the barbeque. I love him very much and am grateful to the Universe that he's healthy again.

1 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Such a darling sweet kitty! I love the way he is looking up with those--well, I will say Pleading eyes...Wonderful Person, is He!

Beautiful flowers,too...I've never seen Chive flowers! They are stunning! SAw your comment on VANX...and just had to come by and say Hello!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home