Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Which Shall I Tackle Next?

I just finished Middlesex this afternoon. While I enjoyed the book, I'm not sure it would make my all-time favorites list. I think I would have liked a more satisfying ending. I would recommend it for the prose and the fun story line, just be aware that, much like the complexity of the story itself, the ending is not neat and tidy.

Anyway, I'm eyeing my stack of books and I need some help deciding which I should get to next. Given my general mood, here are the choices I'm considering:

Cold Mountain. Seen the movie, liked it well enough but was told that the book is FAR better.




The Poisonwood Bibles. I don't really know much about this book at all except that there was a fair bit of favorable buzz about it a year or two ago.





Kite Runner. I've read the first six or so pages of this - I picked it up while the kids in school were having a "reading day" and I'd forgotten my book at home. This is another one that generated some seriously good buzz.


Any suggestions on which it should be?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

I've read 2 and I've tried to read Cold Mountain a few times and not been able to get past the first few pages.

I vote Poisonwood Bible and I vote it strongly and loudly. Great book, really beautiful and complex and delightful. Also her best work in my opinion.

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home