Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Next Up...


...Middlesex.

I was told by the fabulous used book store owner that I couldn't leave his shop without a copy of this book. I'm a hundred and three pages in and, so far, enjoying the experience.

I haven't quite figured out what the story is ABOUT yet - Punkin Pie keeps asking me, "Mommy, what's this book about?" - but I'm not sure I really care. The narrative voice is interesting - dry and sarcastic and slightly under-amused by the whole telling of the family history. I'm not sure where the destination is, but I'm enjoying the ride.

It's SO great to be reading again.

2 Comments:

Blogger vanx said...

I am envious. All I've been reading lately is stuff I've written. I don't know what any of that is about, and I have no idea where it's going.~,:^0

Enjoy your book!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Kizz said...

I think I have Middlesex on the shelf waiting to be read. I'll have to put it within easier reach.

I'm reading a very odd but engaging sci-fi called Ship of Fools.

Don't worry, Vanx, the direction will come clear soon. You may not like it but you'll at least be able to see it.

I'm doing some technical writing these days too and it's just now starting to make any sort of sense at all.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home