Tuesday, May 02, 2006

True Story...

...a couple of weeks ago, the girls and I were in the car in a restaurant parking lot, waiting for Daddy to meet us for dinner. Both of my babies were in the back seat reading; PunkinPie was working on a book about Someone-or-Other's Worst Birthday Ever and Beanie was flipping through a book about faeries. Anyway, Punkin's book was about a girl who had to cancel her ninth birthday party because she'd come down with the chicken pox. Our conversation went something like this:

PP - Hey, Mommy?

Me - Yes?

PP - What's a plog?

Me - I have no idea. Give it to me in a sentence?

PP - "I'm sorry, Jessie," Denise said, "I have to cancel my party. I have the plog."

Me - (slightly confused) Spell it, please?

PP - P-L-A-G-U-E

Me - OH!! Plague!

PP - (with the excitement of recognition) OH!! BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!!


Can you tell what kind of household *I* run that my not-quite-nine-year-old readily makes this reference??

1 Comments:

Blogger vanx said...

In New Jersey we have the Department of Youth and Family Services. Whom should I report you to in Massachusetts?~,:^)

I tried to e-mail you links to that Kurzweil article from my magazine. Am I right that it came withtout the link twice?

Word verification is dzsatu --I think it shoud have a question mark at the end.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home