Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Boys and Girls


The differences between boys and girls was made plain to me the other day.

I have two daughters - ages seven and nearly-nine. When I drive with them in the car, one of a number of things happens. Either they read, or chit chat with each other and me, listen to their iPod Shuffles, or comment about what they see out the window ("what kind of dog is THAT lady walking, Mommy?"). Lately, they've added pretending that my car is a limousine and they are princesses being taken about.

I had the pleasure (really) of taking care of Bowyer's sons (who are, in all respects but blood, my nephews) the other day. They are six and nearly-seven. When I drove THEM in my car, it turned into a fighter jet and they were the soldiers shooting pretty much anything we passed by ("LOOK!! There's an ALIEN DOG!! SHOOT IT!!").

I love my nephews to the ends of the earth, but I'm SO glad the Universe gave me girls.

2 Comments:

Blogger vanx said...

Did I ever tell you, and I'm sure I did, that the flower girl at my wedding (a flower girl in every sense of the word at the time) is now a federal marshal in Miami?

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

However, S, as your husband once said, if you had boys, you'd only have to worry about their zippers when they grew up. Because you have girls, you now have to worry about every zipper on the planet! :)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home