Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Reading Again!


Oh, how WONDERFUL it is to be reading again!

I went to the big-box bookstore to buy a birthday gift for my MIL. I picked up two copies of this book - one for her and one for me - because the Universe has been sending me loud-and-clear messages that it's an excellent read (I'd had five people in the span of three days - including the used book store owner and a complete stranger - tell me how wonderful the book is. It was a hard message to ignore).

My MIL had already read the book, so she traded in her copy for something else. I'm on page 109 and can't wait to get back to it. I'm not sure I understand it completely (time travel stories really mess with my head) but the language is beautiful and the characters are intrigueing.

I'm off for a half hour of reading before I have to get started with my day...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED that book. Prepare yourself for a wild ride, in a story that unfolds uncoventionally and absolutely compellingly. I look forward to chatting with you when you are done!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Kizz said...

The day you posted this I asked you if you'd read the book, before I knew about the post.I kept trying to comment to that effect. I just couldn't. Every time I started I wanted to get out the book and pull quotes and it just became overwhelming. I finished the book last night. Don't want to ruin anything for anyone else so I'll blog specifics in my own space but OH. MY. GOD. I love this book. I might want to be buried with it.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I'm THIS close to being done - I had to stop reading in bed this morning because, well, I had to start my day. I want to go back and start reading it again as soon as I'm done with this reading, and have my computer with me so I can look up all the art references and translate the passages in French.

Oh, and Kizz, this is the second book that made me cry. It was Henry's letter to Clare at the end that got me.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home