Sunday, May 14, 2006

Rain, Rain



Seriously, People.

See that big heavy rain band in New England? Yeah. We live there.

It's been raining non-stop since nine o'clock on Friday evening. Truly. Non...stop. It's now seven o'clock on SUNDAY evening and we're getting no indication of relief. Ever.

The weather report all the way up to NEXT Monday, which is as far out as they'll go, is nothing but rain.

A bunch of schools have been closed.

An enormous chunk of the end of my road literally fell in this morning - California sink-hole style (I'll get a picture for you tomorrow when I put new batteries in my camera).

My husband is downstairs in the basement with the shop vac, sucking up water that's bleeding through the walls on the side of the basement without a sump pump. The side of the basement WITH a sump pump is still mostly dry, but the poor little pump is working like mad down there, we're praying to all that is holy that we don't lose power and I have an old Sunday school song echoing eerily through my mind:

"The Lord said to Noah, "there's gonna be a floody, floody" Lord said to Noah, "there's gonna be a floody, floody, GET THOSE ANIMALS (clap) OUT OF THE MUDDY MUDDY, children of the Lord!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home