Friday, May 19, 2006

Techno-Love


This amazing little device is a SideKick - affectionately known around my house as "the gizzy."

It's a phone, a calendar, email, calculator, address book, web browser, text messager, camera, note pad, alarm clock and game player, all in one handy little package.

It lets me stay in touch. It finds me weather reports and answers off the Web. It gently wakes me in the morning. It holds my grocery list and keeps track of all the books and DVDs I loan out. It keeps my appointments and reminds me when friends' birthdays are approaching. It amuses me when I forget to bring my book.

I send emails to myself to remind me of stuff. I text baseball scores to my sister and love notes to my husband. I keep a wish list that I add to when people tell me about fantastic movies they've seen or amazing books they've read.

I LOVE this thing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wayfarer said...

I had a PDA a couple of years ago and I loved it. I'd probably still be using it if it worked more seamlessly with my DellĀ® laptop, which I love even better.

I miss the convenient size of a PDA. It fit in my pocket, and I never had to worry about plugging it in (the batteries lasted forEVUH). I could never get the hang of writing with a stylus, though. Just one more thing that is biased against the left-handed, I think.

5:46 PM  
Blogger vanx said...

I need to get one of those. I have had three instances--one at home, one at work, and one at my alma mater where I foolishly volunteer to do stuff for the alumni reunion--of totally forgetting to do something that I agreed to weeks earlier. If I don't come up with something gizzy, I stand to lose my wife, may job, and...damn it. There's no way to shake an alma mater, is there?~,:^o

11:29 PM  
Blogger Kizz said...

When you write about it this way I'm so tempted to go all Veronica Mars and get one.

Did you text from the gizzy at graduation? You could have live blogged it! :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I DID text from the gizzy at graduation - I sent a text to Husband, who was WAY THE HELL on the other side of the stadium. The torrential, biblical rain we've had here lately forced a change of venue, and we were in a spot about three times too small for the humanity that was trying to cram into it.

I didn't live blog from graudation, though, because I type something like 90 words a minute - but not with my thumbs. Writing more than a line or two is an exercise in frustration. But it's great for shouting out "HEY!" or finding out where a similarly text-enabled buddy is.

10:43 AM  
Blogger huamulan said...

Awww, I love when stuff becomes an indispensable part of (one's) life. I also want one of those ^^

9:30 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

GO GET ONE!! It's a fantabulous piece of electronic wizardry and is SO worth the up-front price. Seriously.

Just beware of thumb-fatigue. The ONLY thing about the gizzy that makes me crazy is how much it slows down my typing speed. I'm upwards of 90-sometime words a minute with all my fingers - I feel like a MORON when I only have my thumbs to do the talking.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home