Monday, August 28, 2006

Can You BELIEVE It?!

Check it out!!!

Before:















And:

















AFTER!!!





















And:




















And, on top of all that, the last two cabinets have been installed!!!


















It turns out that the counter boys were too chicken to cut the hole for the downdraft vent system that we bought, so Husband's going to try to do that himself. You should have heard the man trying to break the news to me that the part he wants to have before he installs the vent won't be here for another week, and he doesn't want to risk installing the stovetop before he cuts the hole....


I'm hoping to have the sink installed tonight, though. I've lived with the Wal-Mart two-burner hotplate since December; I think I can manage another week without my fancy-dancey stovetop.

More later - for now, I've gotta go clean up the "post-construction trauma" left in the wake of today's activity...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! MAZEL TOV! I can just SEE you doing the dance of joy!! Use it all well, my friend!!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Kizz said...

Thank you, thank you for your terminology. I promise to post my illustrative pictures of disaster soon.

6:25 PM  
Blogger vanx said...

Admit it. You miss the dumpster.~,:^)

Congrats! It looks great.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Actually, Vanx, I don't miss the dumpster yet - they've not quite come for it. Good thing, too, since I've an old sink to dump in there...

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home