Thursday, October 12, 2006

That the Best Ya Got?

I'm having trouble with this.

I usually shy away from political blogging, mostly because I don't have a sufficient grasp of the topic to speak intelligently about it, but this has just steamed my dumplings.

This moron has nothing better to say about the Foley-underage-page-sex scandal than to dig up the ghost of Chappaquiddick? I mean, COME ON. This is nothing more than grade-school finger-pointing, and it's disgusting coming from the elected officials who are supposed to represent us as a people. The fact that Shays actually said that "Dennis Hastert didn't kill anybody" leads me to believe that he's got exactly zip-point-shit to say that's helpful or intelligent.

"Don't look at the bad stuff WE do! Teddy over there did something MUCH worse thirty seven years ago!"

I hate it when grown-ups act like ill-mannered six-year-olds. I hate it even more when grown-ups act like ill-mannered six-year-olds in front of television cameras and newspaper reporters.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

There were a hundred thousand reasons for Hastert to resign before the Foley scandal came to light. I agree that citing Chappaquiddick is a bit like citing Nazis in an argument. You're basically just throwing out the worst thing you can think of and shutting down rational debate. When it comes right down to it 2 wrongs don't make a right, just because Ted Kennedy did something bad to a chick doesn't mean that it's therefore OK for anyone else to do the same. The Lemming Defense is never compelling.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

That what I'M thinking, Moon. It's just childish and irrelevant and stupid. I'm generally pessimistic about politics to begin with. This fiasco is not helping to turn my opinion.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home