Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Check!

As soon as the girls were off to school, Husband and I set off to vote. I was surprised that the polls here didn't open until eight - I seem to recall their opening earlier in years past, maybe even as early as seven. It didn't matter, though - we only had to wait outside for about five minutes and it's not too cold this morning.

Here's where I give a shout out to all the people - women and men - who made it legal for me to cast my ballot and make my one small voice heard. Thanks, Elizabeth, Susan, Lucretia, Paulina and all the others who worked and fought and taught until the 19th Amendment was passed. I will not squander, nor take for granted, the gift you've given me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

Thanks to all those ladies!

Polls here open at 6. I voted just before 8.

No stickers. I think there should be stickers..or lollipops.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

You know what? Now that you mention it, there were stickers AND lollipops. I shit you not, my friend - a big old bucket 'o Tootsie Roll Pops right there on the sign-in table.

Betcha wish you lived HERE, huh?

10:51 AM  
Blogger The Grammar Snob said...

Polls in OH open at 7:00. Ah, Ohio.....someone on CNN this morning called us the sesspool of politics.

Mrs. Chili, you're so fast to comment, you missed the bronchitis story, please come back and read it. Please?!?!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home