Tuesday, January 10, 2006

National De-Lurking Week




One of my best and dearest informed me that it's National De-Lurking Week. Since I had no idea what that meant, she kindly and patiently informed me that a "lurker" is someone who reads a blog, but who doesn't comment (thus, lurking about without making oneself known). National De-Lurking Week is intended to smoke all those people out, so that we writers know that we're not just talking to ourselves.

So, if you read, but don't comment, say hello. Let me know what you think, tell me a funny story; I'll take just about anything.

Oh, and say "lurk" about six times and see if it doesn't start to sound funny....

2 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

Technically I don't lurk here, I comment reasonably frequently but I feel like starting the ball rolling.
I don't have a funny story, how about a humiliating one. You know what I'm doing right now? I'm watching the OC. Yay Seth Cohen! It's on at a new time, 9pm on Thursdays. It's been a tough decision but I'm going to have to bail on the kids of Cally when there are new eps of CSI. I mean, I love teen dramas (the fictional ones, give me a super dramatic teen in real life and all I want to do is smack it) but in a head to head battle of the network stars CSI wins, with one Warrick tied up behind my bed. Sigh. Summer and Seth, I'm gonna miss you. TV Guide, I will miss the excitement of seeing, "the gang tries to get Marissa re-admitted to Harbor High" in every single issue, describing each new episode of this entire season. But Gary Dourdan might get shirtless so I'll have to catch you in reruns.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Wandering Dave said...

I don't think that I'm really lurking -- but then again...

I'm David and my interest is communication (mass media). I'm taking a year-long trip and testing the utility of seven media channels: blog; newspaper column; online forum; map room; photo gallery; podcasts; and radio.

Take a look -- and leave a comment, if you aren't a lurker...

http://wanderingdave.com

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home