Wednesday, January 25, 2006

That Guy's a Goner

This is one of my (many) favorites. You may have to click on it to get the full effect.




Yet again, it's snowing here in New England. Luckily, though, the girls are in school. Not that I would mind having them home - snow days are fun around here and usually involve popcorn, hot cocoa and a Disney movie - but we're grateful that we don't have to tack an extra day on at the end of the school year. I'm trying to decide whether to venture out to run some not-so-urgent errands, though. I may wait until post-lunch to give the plows a chance to roll around for a bit.

2 Comments:

Blogger vanx said...

Hi s.

Cartoon Calvin and Hobbes are better than the real Calvin and Hobbes, in my opinion.

I appreciated your comment this morning, and replied at some length if you go back.

Here is a snowman from NJ's only real snowfall this year:

http://verb-ops.blogspot.com/2005/12/greetings-from-suburban-hell-ours-is.html

I think this is snowman week 2. Click on "vengeful" for a glimpse at hour 1.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Yeah, I read your posts. I've been reading you since you first started commenting on Kizz's blog.

I thought your pics of the snowman were hysterical, mostly because our yard is often populated by similar creatures from November to April. They look great for the first day or so, then they begin to look like mutant creatures from monochromatic nightmares. Luckily, our yard faces south, so it's not long before the nightmare creatures are melted to amorphous nubs. The girls, strangely, seem to enjoy checking in on the various stages of degeneration.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home