Friday, January 20, 2006

Should I Call a Doctor?

Okay, people - I need some advice.

Remember how I spent Sunday? Shivering, shaking, hallucinating? Well, in that respect I'm better than I was, but I'm still most definitely sick. I'm not going to get into the gory details, just suffice to say that I'm still only eating white food (and even then with great caution and trepidation) and it's very obvious I'm still not well. I'm worried that whatever nasty started this whole thing has decided to set up residency somewhere underneath my belly button.

I'm not exactly debilitated, but I'm certainly not comfortable, either.

Should I tough it out over the weekend or should I call a doctor today? Given that it's Friday and the liklihood of my being able to see anyone over the weekend is pretty slim (and I HATE ERs), my Practical Yankee says to call today, just in case. Then again, the Tough Yankee says it's nothing serious and they'll probably tell me to down some Pepto or Immodium and call it a day anyway, so why bother the nice doctors? (And yes, Yankee is a decidedly split personality, with such characters as Cheap Yankee and Stubborn Yankee and Skeptical Yankee rounding out the team).

What do you think I should do?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Without having a kitchen,per se, how often have you been eating out? I ask this because my beloved had a case of food poisoning recently.When he wasn't feeling well,we tracked it to a quick lunch and some moderately heated meat. After time spent online,I discovered not only several types,but symptoms can last up to a week. On the other hand, how much is your health and peace of mind worth(MONEY PART)? If you've already tried the Pepto/Immodium thing then at the very least,they may give you something stronger. I'm all about the "Yankee" mentality, but then again,I don't have 2 small children depending on me to be there. Sometimes,its not about you,but easing the minds of those in your family.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Kizz said...

Good point about the food poisoning. I've had not so very mild cases of it a couple of times and it can be horrific. It does take at least a week to feel back on track. Particularly at our advancing age. And there's nothing anyone can really do about it either, you just have to keep ingesting moderate amounts of the white food and rest a lot. On the upside there's some nice cleansing and weight loss.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home