Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A New Personal Record

Seriously. I've been sick - and I mean stay-in-my-pajamas-don't-get-out-of-bed sick - for SEVEN DAYS. SEVEN! I think the last time I was this sick was about 20 years ago when I had mono. Even THEN, I think I was up and functioning, albeit slowly, sooner than this. I pride myself in being able to deal with just about anything that doesn't involve puking. Thankfully, this doesn't, but it's seriously kicked my ass, and I'm pretty flipping tired of it, I've gotta tell you.

I still feel like crap. My headache is mostly gone, but I'm exhausted and useless and I feel as though I've got an evil, giant, slimy black and malignant slug attached to my left tonsil with a spiney sucker and unrolled halfway down my throat and up into my cheek and nose. I live with the cruel catch-22 of being hungry, but not wanting to swallow anything, and a call to the doctor's office the other day revealed that there's nothing that can be done for me - the advice was to "rest and drink plenty of fluids." Great. More swallowing.

When is this going to END?!?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

OK, I know I'm harping but, take some advil which will reduce the swelling and pain thus enabling the swallowing of other healing items like fluids and food. I will personally take the blame if any kidney damage is incurred from TWO FREAKIN' ADVIL! :)

Also, if you still have the fever don't take advil, take aleve, it's a fever reducer and a de-sweller.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry the plague is still upon you. At first,I couldn't figure out why the CDC had recommended that people stock up with food and water for the possible outbreak of Avian flu. But after having personally dealt with this flu as you are,I can better understand the reasoning!Imagine half a nation with a "who gives a shit?"attitude!!! They would do well to recommend that you triple the volume of fluids and tissues.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home