Friday, March 17, 2006

Taking Pleasure in Another's Misfortune



The NCAA tournament began - and, in my house, ended - last night.

Syracuse lost. To hear my husband tell it, they lost in spectacularly disappointing fashion.

Am I hanging my head this morning? Am I extending sympathy for those young atheletes who gave their hearts and souls and sweat for the team?

Nope. Not even a little.

What I'm feeling is more akin to gratitude because, really, SU's loss is my gain. What this means to me is that I get my husband back. My basketball-imposed widowhood was a single night.

I'm completely okay with that.

So, better luck next year, Orangemen. Thanks for giving me my husband back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wayfarer said...

Please tell your husband that I felt for him as I watched that game. It hurt enough for ME to watch it. I can't imagine the suidical (or homocidal) thoughts an alumnus of Syracuse must have been entertaining at that same time.

Be patient with him. There must be an appropriate period of mourning and reliving the event with others who understand. Anyone who follows Red Sox baseball will appreciate this, I'm sure.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try to get Hubbie to convert to football, S. Then you'll only lose him at the Super Bowl. :)

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home