Thursday, September 21, 2006

Feast or Famine

So, while I was finishing my graduate degree, I didn't make much time for fitness. I still taught my Sunday morning classes - one step class and one yoga class - and I did an occasional yoga class at the university, but that was the extent of my physical training. I also stress-ate. A lot. Anything that I could eat one at a time - M&Ms, chips, nuts, pretzels - nothing was safe.

As a consequence, my butt expanded and my cardio-vascular fitness level plummeted.

Having graduated - and not having found a job - I find myself with more time on my hands. I promised myself that I would start working out again once I finished school, and I have. In the last 12 days, I've taught seven step classes, three yoga classes, and one strength class, and taken three step classes. This afternoon, I'm going with a friend to the gym to take a strength class and a step class. Tomorrow, I'm going for another step class before the new employee orientation at the college.

I've stopped stress eating, too. Here's hoping it take less time to work my butt OFF than it took to put it ON...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home