Saturday, October 14, 2006

Peer Pressure! (but the good kind!)


It seems that the approach of autumn brings with it the need for activity and creatitivy. Or maybe it's just a fear of crawling under the proverbial covers for the duration of winter...

ANYWAY

Kizz over at 117hudson has posted a list of 100 writing prompts and is going to try to make her creative way through them all. I HIGHLY suggest you mosey on over and check out her effort for #17 - it's a beautifully written snapshot.

Mrs. Kennedy over at fussy.org has put out a call for bloggers to post a new entry every single day of November (it was mighty sweet of her to give us a half month's worth of notice - I need to start thinking of material NOW!).

I have accepted Fussy's challenge - I'm going to commit to writing something every single day of November, though I reserve the right to bail out on Thanksgiving if I have to - you won't be reading that day, anyway, because you'll be all strung out on triptophan and apple pie and zoning in front of the football game. Admit it. You know you will.

I'm thinking that, on days when the muse has decided to sleep in, I'll use Mz. Kizz's suggestions and do a little creative writing. I'm not making any promises about quality, but you can count on the quantity.

I've also decided to go one step further (because I'm an overachiever and I'm like that) and am going to try to READ something new every day and to COMMENT somewhere every day. I'm figuring the worst that can happen is that I find another blog to add to my already-too-long list of places I go every day - the best that can happen is I manage to lure someone to my own blog by virtue of a particularly witty or intelligent (yeah, right) comment I leave somewhere.

Anyway, that's the plan. And I'm letting you all in on it so you can hold me to it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

You're bold to write AND comment once a day. I'll see if I can keep up with you.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I KNOW! It was bold, wasn't it? And rather foolish, I think. Sometimes I really do take on more than I can handle. Oh, well. We shall see...

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home