Monday, November 27, 2006

Trying To Take My Mind Off the Water Bottle...


We took our girls - ages 7 and 9 - to see Happy Feet last Wednesday. Later, we asked them which was their favorite part.

Get this answer from the seven year old:

"I liked the part where Mumble went off on his own. Even though all his people - well, his birds...well, whatever - even though no one wanted him to go, he said "I don't care. I need to do this, and I'm going to do this." I like that he did what he thought he had to do even when no one thought he should do it."

Seriously. This kid blows my mind on a regular basis. I'd love to take parenting credit here, but I really don't think I deserve it; she came to us this way.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Grammar Snob said...

What a girl! We're thinking of taking our 5 year old to see it. She's going to be 5 (!!!) in a week and we've not ventured to the theater with her. Thoughts??! Thanks!!!!!

3:32 PM  
Blogger The Grammar Snob said...

My apologies for the exclamation points. Holy over exclamation, Batman!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Heh. Don't worry about the exclamation points - you should see some of the stuff my students send me.

I think Happy Feet is a lovely movie to see with little people. There was one tense bit where Mumble was being chased by a leopard seal - that could be scary for a small person whose never seen a big screen - but the rest of it is fun. I say "go for it."

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She may have come to you that way, but you're nurturing it in her. Keep up the good work!

4:27 PM  
Blogger gerry rosser said...

My honey took our 4 & 1/2 year old granddaughter to see it. She followed it perfectly. I'll have to go sometime.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home