Monday, November 20, 2006

They Say You Can't Touch Your Nose With Your Elbow...

...and I'm here to tell you that it's damned hard to take a picture of your own elbow, too.

I'm scheduled for a doctor's appointment this afternoon so that he can have a look at some weird bumpy things I've got on both my elbows and two of my toes (that's why I was trying to take elbow pictures, by the way).

They showed up a few months ago and I didn't really think anything of them at the time. If I'm remembering correctly, I've had them once before - they showed up for a while, then disappeared without any intervention from me. They're back now, though, and have been around for a while. They're not gross or oozy or crusty and they don't itch or hurt; they're just little raised clusters on both of my elbows, and I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to have them looked at (asshole).

I'm betting that the doctor won't know what they are (that's the cynic in me talking), but I'll feel better knowing what they're NOT. If the guy looks at me and gasps, then tells me I've got two weeks to live, then, well, at least I'll have made it through NaBloPoMo...



UPDATED! It's not elbow cancer after all! It's eczema - or, at least, that's what the doctor thinks it is. I've got a 'scrip for hydrocortizone and instructions to come back in six weeks if it's not changed for the better.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad your elbows aren't going to fall off. Do you still have the calendula tincture I gave you? It works great for excema and is non addicting, unlike cortizone. Chaeper too. Give it a 2 day trial and see.

5:05 PM  
Blogger JRH said...

You wanted the doctor to look at your asshole?? :)

8:42 AM  
Blogger Noelle said...

I was getting those on my knees, it happens every winter. There is a great lotion you can get at the drugstore for bumpy skin, I think it's lubriderm or something. A little pricier than regular lotion, but less so than prescription stuff. I want my humid air back!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home