Friday, November 17, 2006

Holy Crappy Weather, Batman!


Alternately titled: At Least it's Not SNOW!!

See the upper right hand corner of the country? The part covered with dark green? Yeah, that's where I live.

It's been raining, pretty much non-stop, since about nine thirty last night. And I'm not talking a light drizzle or even a passing squall, either; I'm talking full out, run for cover, flood-watch-on-the-Weather-Channel, wake you up from a deep sleep kind of heavy rain. The kind of rain that WeedWoman's husband likes to call "possum pounders."

We're so far, so good with the basement, though - the walls are oozing water through the cracks in the concrete, but the sump pump hasn't kicked in just yet. I'm hoping that the weekend is at least mild; I still have autumn bulbs to plant and all this rain will have softened up the ground quite nicely.

6 Comments:

Blogger Noelle said...

We had some pretty horrifying rain in the Hudson Valley as well. It was the kind of rain where a walk from the back door to the car soaks you to the bone, and the winds, they laugh at your pointless and futile umbrella.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Up here in Weed Woman Land we have had just short periods of hard rain. It's sunny now. Bet you wished you lived here. Our possums are unmolested!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Yeah, WeedWoman - now that you have TV! What's it been? A YEAR? And you can't get a pizza delivered! No, thanks - I'll come to visit, but I'm not eager to move up to the boonies just yet.

Besides, talk to me in three months when you can't get out of your driveway for all the snow you get in the mountains....

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the same weather system that caused so much trouble here in Mississippi? It was really nasty further south near where my grandmother lives; I think a couple of tornadoes touched down and caused some pretty serious damage. Luckily, all my family is safe and sound.

Stay in your nice, cozy home, and be safe!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

UGH! That is where we live too. Last night I thought the house was going to blow down.

10:14 PM  
Blogger gerry rosser said...

Don't let winter get you down, after all, it isn't even here yet!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home