Friday, November 24, 2006

Good News / Bad News

The GOOD news is that yesterday went exceedingly well. There were no obvious tensions (helped in part by the fact that the downstairs television sets were never once turned on, much to the football lovers' disappointment), the food was excellent, and everyone was in good spirits. It was the first holiday in recent memory that went off so well, and that in itself is something to be thankful for.

The BAD news is that this essentially means I've got no funny stories to tell you.


Today is going to be spent industriously avoiding retail establishments of any kind despite what I will expect to be some pretty enthusiastic efforts on Wayfarer's part to exhort me to join him at the mall to help him pick out new eyeglasses. I may do some online shopping - one doesn't have to fight for parking spots or deal with rude people at Amazon.com. The girls and I will also be engaged in a thorough and complete clean/purge of the their room, and we'll spend the rest of the day generally goofing off at home.

Oh, and Auntie L sent us home with enough turkey to make some really decent day-after-Thanksgiving sandwiches. Guess what's for lunch...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The left overs are always so much better than the actual meal, an dyou can watch football while eating them!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

It's funny you say that, WeedWoman, because we were trying to decide, as we were happily munching on yummy sandwiches, if that were actually true. It's too close to call, I think....

Oh, and Wayfarer DID manage to get me to the mall. I picked out nice glasses for him, and he's babysitting the girls so Husband, Bowyer and I can go to see Deja Vu tonight. I'd say I got the better end of THAT deal!

4:58 PM  
Blogger meno said...

Yeah, it was a disappointing day for me too, no sad/funny stories to tell.
But hooray for the no TVs turned on!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

really enjoyed reading your blog - and it's almost 5 am, no sleep yet..yikes! take care :)

6:10 AM  
Blogger Wayfarer said...

I'd just like to say that I didn't make out all that badly on our arrangement. I got expert help finding what I needed (thank you!), I got my children some much needed--and very wholesome--play time, I earned HubbyPoints for clearing my kidlets out of the way so my wife could relax and I still got to hang out with you, Husband and Bowyer afterward. I was quite satisfied with what we worked out.

Having said that, I still consider that you'll owe me enough to think about coming to New Years. If you think I was enthusiastic about getting you to the mall, wait till you hear my pitch for that! :]

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home