Tuesday, September 05, 2006

More Lessons in Patience


Sigh.

The Puck is still not quite put together yet. I called Ed, my car guy, this morning (I was going to say "body guy," but didn't want to deal with the flood of inappropriate comments that I know you're all clever enough to come up with (grin)...) and asked him for a percentage chance that I could take my car home today. He, very kindly but with a slight edge of humor in his voice, said "Zero!!"

It turns out that the Puck needs a new tailgate. Ed had hoped to be able to use the gate I already have - there's only a tiny dent in it from where it came to rest against a sapling - but I gather that, after he put all the new bits and pieces on the car and pulled everything back to where it's supposed to be, the gate doesn't close closely enough for his taste (he is, if nothing else, extremely meticulous - I trust this man to give me my car back better than new). It also seems that the parts distributer hasn't coughed up the part yet - he's going to call them this morning to find out what the holdup is.

Maybe Thursday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home