Friday, January 27, 2006

Love Personified



This is my grandmother. I had the good fortune to be adopted into her family when I was a teenager, and I've been grateful to the Universe for that ever since.

We went to see her today - I make it a point to see my grandparents once a week and to keep them prominant in my girls' lives - and I watched as my children, who are six and eight, climbed into her lap. I'm not sure I've ever seen her so content. The girls each had a book and were reading to themselves, and there Gramma sat, one child in each arm, with a glow about her that was almost holy.

I'm not sure there are words sufficient enough to describe the loving, generous soul that resides in this woman. She is kind, gracious, and quick to laugh, and I love her very, very much.

And I am lucky that she loves me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home