Saturday, January 28, 2006

This Superhero Stuff is Hard Work...



I've been reading about, and have experienced first hand, the dangers of "blogging naked." It's been pointed out by numerous people who have suffered fates far worse than mine that allowing the zillions of potential readers out there to know your secret identity is baaaad. Verrrry baaaaad.

Still, I'm not good at the split personality thing.

I have two blogging identities - one for here and one for a blog I keep about work. I started out blogging completely naked - I mean, my name was on my profile and everything - until I realized how amazingly stupid and naive such wrecklessness was. On the advice of a much smarter blogger than me (thanks, Kizz!), I split the blogs apart and registered a new username for the work blog. Only a select few of my most trusted know of the work blog, and I'm trying to keep it that way. Burned once, shame on you - burned twice, shame on me.

A technical error on my part led someone to find my work blog, though, and to figure out who I really am. It's not a fatal error - this person doesn't actually KNOW me (and may I just say here how cool it is to have an unknown reader?) and even if he did, I get the feeling that he wouldn't be the type to tattle on me. Still, I have to delete his comment connecting my blogs, and I hate having to delete readers' comments.

So sorry, Vanx. Please continue to read (everything) and to comment, but understand that I must preserve the superhero identity. It's nothing personal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

You paid him back well with a link, now go comment on his site to add to the bounty. :)

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home