Monday, July 17, 2006

Mostly Moved In!

We began the process of moving into the new living room this weekend!!

The couch and chair are in here, and all the a/v equipment is set up on the stand that was holding the stereo up off my bedroom floor because we decided to get rid of the huge, warping, lopsided entertainment cabinet (Husband and his Twin walked the thing to the end of the driveway, where we put a big "FREE" sign on it. Someone in an SUV took it away yesterday afternoon). I can't actually say we're "settled" into the room yet - it still looks unfinished - but that will be remedied when I hang a picture or two, when the speaker wires actually have speakers hooked to them and are no longer just dangling from holes in the wall, and when the plants have returned from their summer vacations in the front yards - but we're IN!

Now begins the work of ripping the floor out of the old living room. The Brit, who built the addition and installed the wood floor in the two new rooms, told me that if I augment the supply of leftover wood with about three more boxes, he can replace the floor in the old living room, which is SORELY in need of replacing. His demolition guy costs $35 an hour. I've got two men and a couple of crow bars right here, so we'll handle the demo work. Later this morning, I need to stroll across the street to where the Brit is building a ginormous addition on the neighbors' house to see when he'll be available to bang in the rest of my downstairs.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures yet - we blew our batteries at the wedding and I can't find the battery recharger. As soon as I have photos, though, I'll post them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

I'm sorry, you want the cute dude with the cool accent to "bang" something that's in your house? Maybe I'm reading that wrong. :)

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home