Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Taking Care of Business

Okay, I've got a bunch of things to take care of, so I'm doing it all at once. Pay attention - participation will be expected at the end.

1) Gratitude, a day late: Here's my list for Monday
-Dunkin' Donuts. 'Nuff said.
-good, gooey hair conditioner. Beanie's got some wild hair, and it's so much nicer to deal with when it's properly conditioned.
-speaking of hair - my hair. When it's cut just right - like it is right about now - it does this curly, wavy, chic thing that I just love.
-down comforters. It's getting cool here at night - just the right temperature to leave the bedroom window open just a bit and snuggle under the warmth of the cover.
-houseplants. I've got a bunch of them, including some fig trees I've had for nearly 20 years and a bunch of fun new additions purchased over the last few weeks. I'll post a picture of them soon - go to the magic flute post to see a bit of what they look like.

...and my list for Tuesday
-people who actually show up for my 8:30 step class at the University. I hate making the effort to come to a class when no one shows. That didn't happen today - I had two girls with good attitudes this morning, and I'm grateful.
-NPR. I LOVE National Public Radio. I listen in my car and feel like I actually know something about what's going on in the world.
-Elementary school teachers. Punkin' Pie is in fourth grade and Beanie is in second, and tonight was the open house at their school. I'm SO grateful to their teachers for being smart, dedicated, funny and willing to spend their day with 20 or so little people. I certainly couldn't do it, and I'm glad that there are good people out there who can.
-Sharp cheddar cheese. I made real mac and cheese for dinner tonight, and used about twice the cheese the recipe called for. There's nothing like real, homemade mac and cheese to show your family how much you love them.
-Granny Smith apples. Well, apple season in general, really. I love tart, crisp apples; I love to eat them out of hand, I love to cook with them, I love to shove sticks in them and slather them in caramel. Mmmmmm.

2) I've just got to get this off my chest, because I can't stand it any more. For the love of God, it's:




DUH!!

HONESTLY!!

3) I've been thinking about changing the template for this blog. What do you think? Time for a new look?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

Oh I agree on the pronounciation thing. I am also grateful for Beanie's teacher. Sigh.

9:26 PM  
Blogger vanx said...

Lissen, I'm a gonna pronounsk "nucular" however I wanna. Who axed you, anyway? Take care yer own dam biznix.

P.O.T.U.S.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOD I LOVE when I get to quote Dennis Miller... :)

"Now is it nuclear or nu-kyu-ler? You know I've actually heard United States senators on C-Span refer to it as nu-kyu-ler. Now, color me reactionary, but I don't think you should be allowed to vote on this shit until you learn how to pronounce it! Can we come to a decision one way or the other? I'd hate to spend my last few moments on this planet mired in a syntax discrepancy."

I LOVE that guy!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Dennis Miller is really your go-to guy for on-point political snark. Mostly because everything he says is only funny because it's true.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home