Friday, October 27, 2006

Items of No Particular Note

So, I really don't have anything interesting or exciting to say, but I feel the need to write, so you get this:

*While on a whirlwind vacuuming tear across my house yesterday, having finally gotten fed up with the bits of dried leaves, myriad spider webs, and cat hair tumbleweeds, I found Beanie's home folder! It's been missing for more than a month and I've been giving her regular doses of shit for not having it. Anyway, I left it in the middle of the great room floor for her to find when she came home from school and when she saw it, her eyes lit up and she said, "MOMMY! You FOUND it?! You must be MAGIC!" Why, yes, thank you. I am.

(and the magic of a clean house didn't last. I babysat my two nephews last night, and all four of the kids spent about an hour in the leaves in the front yard. My house is back to looking like the enthusiastic start of a really good compost pile. Sigh)



*Today is Hallowe'en in the girls' school. Punkin' is going as a "rose fairy" - she's got a light green formal dress (a hand-me-down from a friend's daughter) and fairy wings. Beanie is going as a Lindt truffle. A milk chocolate Lindt truffle, to be more specific. Daddy - an engineer - designed and built a contraption using under-floor heating pipe, tin foil, Duck Tape and acetate gift wrap. She's going to look great. I MAY post a picture of them - a real, face-on picture - so you can see for yourself what gorgeous children I have. You'll have to look quickly, though, because I won't keep the photo up for long.



*There's a change that has happened at the health club where I work that I want DESPERATELY to blog about, but the Universe is telling me "NO!" in rather emphatic fashion, so I'm going to refrain. I even had a whole section written about it, but the voices in my head screamed at me to delete it. Better judgment wins out over the desire to bitch.



*I'm spending the morning with Organic Mama. We're going to do some in-service work for TCC and then go shopping. On Wednesday, we co-wrote a kick-ass final for the grammar classes we teach, but we didn't get around to the homework our bosses gave to us, so that's on the agenda for today (because I think it's due on Monday). Even if we blow through the in-service, we won't have time to get to Trader Joe's, and I'm a little disappointed about that. A Target just recently opened in our general neighborhood, though, so that's where we're headed. I need to remember to pick up some girl-mittens and some dishwasher soap.



That's about all I've got for you this morning. I promised you content - I never made any claims about the eloquence or excitement thereof...

2 Comments:

Blogger The Grammar Snob said...

Lindt Truffle!?!?! What a fantastic idea! I love those with every ounce of my being. Have a friend who buys them for me at Christmas every year. I try (and fail) to not buy them during the year, but dear GOD are they good. Please can we see pictures?? PRETTY PLEASE?!?

~Snob

1:25 PM  
Blogger organic mama said...

And she was so YUMMY!!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home