Sunday, December 11, 2005

Mistaken Identity


I was watching the first Harry Potter movie on television last night. Well, more accurately, I was watching the END of the first Harry Potter movie. I had turned the television on to entertain me while I folded laundry, and HP was the best of the choices available to me.

Anyway, during the final banquet scene, all the Griffindors are celebrating their unexpected win of the House Cup by jumping up and down and congratulating Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville for their last-minute, winning points. One of the students is the quiddich announcer who, in the books, is named Lee Jordan. Now, when I read the books, I got the impression that Lee was male, but I was certain that the part was cast as a female in the movie. The actor seemed female to me (think Tracey Chapman) and Lee, being a kind of androgenous name, didn't offer me any contradictory evidence.

I went to IMDB and it turns out I owe Luke Youngblood an apology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home