Monday, December 05, 2005

Just Make it STOP

I am in pain.

I've always had a weak lower back. I inherited arthritis from FatherDearest, and no amount of exercise or chiropractic has saved me from being periodically incapacitated by low back pain. I susupect that I sealed the deal about a dozen or so years ago when I stupidly tried to hoist a horse bucket full of pennies to the coin sorter in the bank where I worked, but I've done everything possible since then (regular chiropractic care, exercise, good posture) to try to stay healthy.

Well, I've done something to cause a flare-up. The thing is, though, that I have no idea WHAT, exactly, I did to myself this time. The last time I hurt myself this badly, I sneezed in a TGIFriday's parking lot. The time before that, I was making my bed (sheet-flipping and mattress-tucking....bad). The time before THAT, I flipped over to take a towel off my head after a shower. Stupid and inconsequential, I know, but at least I KNEW what I'd done to cause the problem. This time, though? NO idea. All I know is that I hurt, and I'm sick of it. I can't stand, I can't sit, I can't drive my standard transmission without tears coming to my eyes. I'm hobbling through my life like a ninety-nine year old, and I'm about at the end of my patience with myself.

I had x-rays at the chiro office this afternoon, and have a consult tomorrow morning at eight. Then I have an appointment with my M.D. at eleven. At this point, I don't care what either of them does to me, I just want to stop hurting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

Were they able to stop it yesterday?

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home