Monday, December 19, 2005

For The Second Year in a Row...

....no one is getting Christmas cards from me.

Last year, I managed to get all the Christmas cards signed and addressed by Thanksgiving, but because I couldn't get my family to sit in front of the tree - still, all together, and in fairly nice clothes - to take our annual holiday picture (with everyone in the same spots so people can see how the girls change), the cards never got sent. That being the case, they're still in the closet, all signed and addressed and, yes, still picture-less.

This year's not looking too good for card-sending, either. The tree got put up yesterday (and decorated, too, which is no small feat given what our lives are like right now), but in order to get the cards out before the big day, I'd have to get everyone together and in nice clothes TONIGHT, get the ONE half-way decent picture (you know, the one where no one is making goofy faces and there are no demon-eyes from the flash?) developed TONIGHT, and mail them out tomorrow.

I'm here to tell ya, that ain't happening.

For starters, I'm not even sure I know where the camera IS (though, strangely enough, I am aware of the location of the tripod. Go figure). I'm sure that, wherever the camera is, its batteries are dead; as dead as Marley. Though the general mood of the house seems to be pretty cooperative, if we don't have the equipment to take the picture, then no picture is going to be taken. Besides, I don't know if I have the fortitude to brave Wal-Mart's one hour photo (I have a history of BAD karma at the Wal-Mart photo desk).

How do you think people would take to New Year's cards, instead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home