Wednesday, December 21, 2005

It's All Downhill From Here...


Today is the winter solstice, the spot on the calendar where the day is shortest and the night longest. Here in my little corner of the world, this means slightly less than nine hours from sunrise to sunset. From here on out, we're on a steady march toward reversing this trend, until we start going back sometime in June.

I always look forward to this day. I have an intense dislike for winter in general; though I will concede there are some really lovely bits, I'm usually hard-pressed to say anything nice about winter. Though I really wish the solstice meant that the worst of winter is behind us (HAH!), it DOES mean that we've hit the proverbial rock bottom and are on our way up towards spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home