Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Twin Plumbing and Heating

My husband's identical twin arrived for the holidays from Alabama this afternoon. He was here for all of about ten minutes before the two of them disappeared into the basement and started drilling.

I'm not entirely sure what, exactly, they're doing. I suspect it has something to do with either the installation of the heat (half of our house is still unheated. It's DECEMBER....in NEW ENGLAND....) or the relocation of the kitchen sink. Either way, it certainly sounds like nasty business; there's much grinding and thumping and straining drill sounds. I'm also hearing voices conversing in muffled tones beneath the floor.

In spite of all this, I am remarkably calm. Though my beloved doesn't really make a habit of home improvement, he is one of the smartest and most careful people I have ever met. His twin, likewise, is considered and thorough (Husband is a mechanical engineer, his brother an aerospace engineer - yes, a rocket scientist!). I'm pretty sure that, whatever it is they're doing down there, they've measured more than twice and the end result will far exceed code.

I'm just hoping they don't kill themselves in the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home