Wednesday, February 01, 2006


Husband called me at work this afternoon at lunch time. He had come home to eat and arrived to a message on the machine from the vet, who told us that Small had a blockage and was in "pretty bad shape" when he was brought in last night (she told Husband last night that if we'd waited until this morning to bring him in, he may not have survived). They've inserted a catheter and he's doing better now, though there were a lot of crystals and blood in his urine. They're going to keep him overnight and at least 24 hours after the catheter is removed, just to be sure everything is flowing the way it should.

I've called and left a message for the doctor for an update, but that's the message she left this morning. I'll let you know if she tells me anything different when she calls back.

I'm so glad it's not an infection. After what happened to him a couple of years ago, I'm not sure his kidneys could take it.

I'll still gratefully take whatever good energy you want to send our way, just in case.


Anonymous Sooza said...

I am so glad to hear that he is doing better. I remember having to do something similar with Ganymede, and it was very stressful. But he made a complete recovery and is still going strong almost 14 years later. At the time, the only thing I did was change his cat food to a low-acid type.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home